Friday, June 6, 2008

A particular proboscis



I'm still here in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba with media to cover the 9/11 commissions. All the artwork produced here must be approved by military before being released; so it was shown to Khalid Sheik Mohammad and his legal team- and was brought back with a comment by KSM to 'look at my FBI photo and change the nose, then I will allow it'. It made a story at any rate- and a better drawing in the end. All that aside, as someone who experienced 9/11 directly, this is personal.

5 comments:

Lisa Stein said...

That's funny. Saw some drawings on the news yesterday and thought of you down there!

Elizabeth Sayles said...

I saw it on the news! I was so excited! So the Sheik is as picky as our other clients? Wow.
Who knew.

bradideas said...

Whats next? "you made my ass too big"
:^)

Skip Rohde said...

I saw this story and had to look you up ... was at GTMO back when nothing interesting happened there ('89-'90) and now am a retired Navy guy, full-time artist, and occasional courtroom artist for the Asheville, NC, TV station. Your drawings - courtroom and otherwise - are excellent. I admire your use of pastels ... pastels don't like me at all, so I use pencil and watercolor. Nobody has complained about their nose yet, but one lawyer griped about the double chin I drew, which was about half the size of his real one!

Ayelet Survivor said...

Hey -- just because you're a religious fanatic/homicidal maniac doesn't mean your don't care about your appearance.