Monday, June 22, 2009

Publisher's Weekly cover




It's been awhile since I have posted; during that time my online class began and various other projects cropped up, once of which you see here. The cover story for Publisher's Weekly is entitled 'Who Owns Holden Caulfield?"
JD Salinger, author of 'The Catcher in the Rye' is taking legal action; someone has written a book based on 'Catcher' 60 years later. It will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

You see the comp, then comped cover, and my painting before being placed. It's a combination of traditional painting, with acrylics and gesso (applied with a toothbrush to achieve the wood grain), and then I brought it into Photoshop for additonal adjustments.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Sayles said...

Hey Janet, Nice job, Great project... Holden would be pleased (so would JD.)

hamchat said...

Thank you Liz! Oy, such a compliment. Flattered I am...:)

Lisa Stein said...

Love this!